I am so proud of Jacob and his Lego League team (MAJUC)that participated for the first time in a First Lego League Robotics competition in Clovis this last weekend. Jacob was one of the 3 programmers from his team that received the parts and the software and figured out how to program the robot all on their own the last couple of months. They were the first in all 3 of their matches to complete the competitive mission and we were pretty proud of them. Some of the event staff were wondering if that was the only trick up our sleeve...and It was. But we had come a long way and accomplishing one out of the 14 missions was our goal. I also think we were the only team out of 96 that didn't have matching T-shirts but don't worry...Next year we'll be back, strong, flying our geek flag :) This may be the first time my child accomplished something I don't think I could even begin to wrap my mind around. Aaaahhhh! What a new stage of life for both of us.
I can't forget Jarom and his JR FLL team that was only one of two teams in the whole Central California region to compete. The other team was also from our homeschool group. They had a little party and demonstrated their research project science fair style. They had a replica of their surgery robot that they had constructed (of Legos of course)and also gave a short presentation. A little scary for a 6 year old but
he did his part without throwing up on the judges :) He wasn't feeling well so we left right after and Jacob stayed with his team. Next year we'll have all 3 of our boys there. It's funny the places life brings you sometimes. To find out more about First Lego League and their mission click HERE.

2 comments:
Good Job Geek Nephews! I am so proud!
my boys would be so jealous!!
Post a Comment