12/18/08

Yippee

Yeah for More Than a Foot of Snow in our little town that hasnt seen snow for what 2 years now?

Boo for no gloves, boots, or any other REAL winter gear in our house.


Yeah for all my kids home and being stuck in our house.

Boo for Victor Elementary School District for not calling a Snow Day till kids were already at school.

Yeah for my awesome RS Pres, whom I love, for loading up her son and niece to drive around, shovel, and lay down salt for those who needed help digging cars out of driveways. And for Lang, and Ramirez and any others I don't know about.

SUPER BOO to my neighbor across and one over who watched me dig and hose my driveway out without saying as much as hi as he stood on his already pristine, clean driveway, with his suberb bigger, flat shovel. No help, tips or anything. Lets just smoke and watch Rachael for 1/2 an hour. Oh wait, here he comes with is shovel. Oh, nope. There he goes to shovel the sidewalk. Yeah we really needed that patch of sidewalk clean. Awe some!


Super Yeah for the USPS. A box, tape, 2 packages shipped, and guaranteed by Christmas. $23

BOO for the UPS store. Same thing but NOT guaranteed by Christmas. $53...Why you ask? OH because of the box. Yes the cardboard box. Yes a brown box of Cardboard? $19. BOO (yes I walked out)

Yeah for online TV.

BOO for Michael Crichtons potty mouth in otherwise good reading material.

Yeah for Lyal's very expensive Ice Mountaineering boots that saw their first action today. Don't tell him though. I dont wanna be in trouble.

BOO for Lyal not being able to enjoy the snow, and every other husband working through or stuck somewhere else.


Yeah for goodies, and quiet, and time with each other.
Cancelled activities and more time together.
Yeah for Winter.
Yeah for the season.

5 comments:

AudyCamp said...

Yeah for Rachael posting...Boo for uh I don't know. Yeah for being snowed in with your kiddos Oh and double Boo for that mean smoking neighbor.

Anonymous said...

Love your post. You have such a cute way of expressing yourself that always makes me smile.

Kristi said...

All I have to say is ... Yeah, Boo, Yeah, Boo, Yeah, Boo, Yeah!!

I am glad it snowed for you, but tell it to go away before your wonderful sister and her family come to visit you. Thanks!

Susan said...

Love the post! Boo to the neighbor who wasn't very neighborly!

THE TOKI TRIBE said...

Too cute!! I loved the snow from inside, not out. Too cold and wet. Love the neighbor..same thing for us when Beth got stuck picking up her kids and Nale was out there shoveling the snow from under her car...forever....and when it was just about finished....."are you guys stuck...?????" (after they had been watching for the last 10 minutes!!) Whatever!!! Cute post...you crack me up!