Leaving Atown *as only the hard core call it* is definetly not meaningless as the saying "That's Neither Here Nor There" would hint at. But it is an intresting postion to be in as we are neither here in Three Rivers nor there...
There are friends and family. Not just blood family who have been There for us but all of you ladies/sisters and your families I have seen grow and mature and suffered and joyed with as true families do. I would be defficient to not say we have had our moments as true families do but our ward is There for each other. There to welcome new members, and accept all the differences. There all the time ,wherever you look, whether you like it our not. Running to Stater's late Saturday night or heck even Sunday cause you're craving ice cream and you might as well cause you need tp too!!
LA Goodbye Day Pics
Here we feel like we are on vacation. The weeks between the two has been a solitude of being. The town is not one we could have created on our own. Our dreams would not have been able to fabricate the quirks and unexpected joys we have discovered. The sound of the river that lulls us to sleep and strong smell of jasmine as we walk out our front door. Lyals grapevine. The boys freedom. The adorable park with free preschool and the fire truck.
And we are the only active family up Here. Bright colored buildings and odd shaped space homes. When you come Here there are hippies, and lots of inshape girls and I'd have to say I'm neither. Here we are in love with it all. The trees and the ice cream shop, the people and their independence.
I have a mission Here, one that is coming at me with clarity and ,the swiftness, is like white water rushing. A man that has inspired me compares our current day living with those of the pioneers. He urges to consider having a pioneer mentality. One aspect of the pioneer mentality was to build bridges in the community so to speak. They did not just use the communities or land that they traveled through. They left something behind whatever it was and helped those that would follow. Something I have tried to work into my whole person. Building a Bridge may be quite easy Here with three rivers...
We feel torn between these two places and will feel at home There but not quite at home Here for a while yet. But hey, feeling like you're on vacation isn't a horrible thing!
8 comments:
Change is sometimes hard, and yet, at the same time, can be exciting and liberating. It's always fun to move somewhere new and now that you can reinvent yourself, make new goals, be a better and different person. It's hard to say good bye too. Good luck with your change.
Well, HERE will miss you tons....but THERE will be lucky to have the Ray family. I know life is about change...but it's crazy how hard change can be. I guess I have gotten myself into a comfortable rut! Next it will be my turn for some change, and then I will be facing my own adventure!
What a profound post! A-town would love to have you back anytime. I wish I could have seen you more when you were out last but I started to get busy with packing for the river, it all kinda snuck up on me fast. It sounds pretty awesome where you are at now. We would love to come up and visit sometime. I hope that whatever direction you go or we go that we will continue to stay friends...keep in touch, and visit often!
We will truly miss you guys, you were a great strength to our little ward family and you did leave good stuff behind. The nice thing is that since you have family here we will still see you now and then. I'm happy things have worked out to this point and look forward to seeing where it will all go from here!
Hope you're enjoying your new place. I'm glad to see you are finding the good in both places. It'll get easier. I have moved alot too, but it does get easier. Love you!
We miss you HERE :) But don't worry, we will be on Vacation with you THERE soon.. Your an awesome family and we Love you HERE or THERE :)
Good Luck with your new "Here"! Leave your Rachael mark & build that bridge. Make it feel like a vacation for as long as you can. :) That mentality has worked this last year for me here in this little condo. Hope all is well.
Raich you are a very talented writer. I always enjoy reading your thoughts. Good for you for looking to the future!
Post a Comment