7/6/09

Thankful Thursday - Peace Love and Happiness

What moved me this week??


This letter stirred feelings of excitment, pride, and peace deep within my soul. It moved me.


"The Hopes of Reconciliation, which were fondly entertained by Multitudes of honest and well meaning tho weak and mistaken People, have been gradually and at last totally extinguished. -- Time has been given for the whole People, maturely to consider the great Question of Independence and to ripen their judgments, dissipate their Fears, and allure their Hopes, by discussing it in News Papers and Pamphletts, by debating it, in Assemblies, Conventions, Committees of Safety and Inspection, in Town and County Meetings, as well as in private Conversations, so that the whole People in every Colony of the 13, have now adopted it, as their own Act. -- This will cement the Union, and avoid those Heats and perhaps Convulsions which might have been occasioned, by such a Declaration Six Months ago.
But the Day is past. The Second Day of July 1776, will be the most memorable Epocha, in the History of America.I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated, by succeeding Generations, as the great anniversary Festival. It ought to be commemorated, as the Day of Deliverance by solemn Acts of Devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with Pomp and Parade, with Shews, Games, Sports, Guns, Bells, Bonfires and Illuminations from one End of this Continent to the other from this Time forward forever more.
You will think me transported with Enthusiasm but I am not. -- I am well aware of the Toil and Blood and Treasure, that it will cost Us to maintain this Declaration, and support and defend these States. -- Yet through all the Gloom I can see the Rays of ravishing Light and Glory.
I can see that the End is more than worth all the Means. And that Posterity will tryumph in that Days Transaction, even altho We should rue it, which I trust in God We shall not."



in a letter from John Adams to his wife from Philadelphia July 3, 1776





















What surprised me this week?

I was surprised this week at how happy I have become in my new little town. And so fast. I saw a car driving in front of me thats license plate cover said Happiness is driving home to Three Rivers and I thought" I gotta get me one of those" That thought surprised me, does that surprise you??






What inspired me this week?
I was inspired by various homeschooling moms and the love they have for their children as they unselfishly and tiringly push on and prepare to guide their children. Not just the women I personally know but other blogging moms who refine their homes and families. Whatever reason they choose to homeschool there is no way they could do it void of love. I'm inspired by those in more strenous circumstances than my own who live and love to homeschool. There is no greater power than love for our children that can cause us to be so crazy!! Being a mom is crazy!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Thanks for that quote. I am so glad that you found it. No I am not surprised.

ma'elePHOTO said...

agreeed. What a wonderfully full life it is to have children and to love and teach and care for them. Glad U R enjoying your little area!

BTW- did I see you today? R U in A-town??? I could've swore it. oh well?!