7/27/09

Pioneer children


The Ray boys are ready. Jackson looks like battalion material.

The weather in these pics looks deceptively mild. It was over 100. Pushing the handcart oh so slow. It took us an hour and a half to go 1.6 miles.










Making Scones with the Bishop and his wife after making it to "the place". They also did some apple bobbing, and other water games, some Red Rover and had sack lunches with popcorn balls they helped make.





A perfect way for the boys to celebrate and remember the pioneers and the sacrifices they made!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That activity looks awesome!

Susan said...

Other than the heat, this looks like so much fun!

Kristi said...

That looks like it was so fun!

Jill said...

I remember doing this kind of thing when I was little. It's so fun for the kids and helps them make connections to the pioneers. What a cute activity! Except for the heat that is! :)

Angela D said...

I love the handcart in the first picture. Did you guys make that?