Being a homeschool momma is hard when you just love love love summer and can't control your thoughts as they drift to summer time fun. Pushing through these next 4 reporting weeks of the school year are hard as I am easily distracted and ready to move on to summer and even planning our next school year. I love the break of summer but like to keep consistent in doing something every day to keep our brains working out. I have two links I thought you might enjoy that got a thumbs up from BOTH my boys. Now that's saying something.
This website is free and fun. This guy started making videos for his cousins to help with math skills and just got a grant from Big Daddy Gates so it may be getting even better. The kids can watch videos and then perform assignments and move up levels. Kind of like Teaching Textbooks but free. And way better than a worksheet :).
This program is not free BUT you can sign up for a free week of demo and it is on sale for the summer semester. We are going to be studying french this upcoming year and since moms strengths are all spanish and a dash of italian we need to look into some major help. This program is tons of fun. My non reader can even navigate everything on his own since the "advisor" speaks to you if you choose. They love playing the games and earning money to outfit their avatar and buy him pets and sunglasses and cool shoes. It even has little Jordy going around the house saying "Je ne sais pas" and "Bonne Chance".
3 comments:
I finally took time to look at the first website, I think this would be awesome website for me.
I thought you put your babies back in school? Are you doing an online thing?
Great blog!
Post a Comment