We've been getting wet for free or cheap. This is the Porterville Pool. Love it. Thanks Alma! We've(well the kids under 10 that are still not too cool to be there) have enjoyed the splash pad in Visalia. We also are so grateful to our friends the Andersons who have let us enjoy their awesome pool anytime. This is just a little more stressful for mom though as the Jackson is constantly doing flips off of the cliffs. I swear my heart jumps out of my chest everytime. We better get that kid in a diving club next year.
Staying Local. Besides our one trip to Southern California for the Fourth of July we are sticking around home. No vacations for us this year but I'm super excited we found a good deal. We went as a family with 4 other families to a Fresno Grizzlies game last Monday and got 2 tickets, 2 hot dogs, 2 sodas, 2 Mini golf tickets, 2 storyland, and 2 wild water adventure passes for $32. Super cheap boredom buster.
Jarom turned 7 and went on a date with mom to Build a Bear Workshop and then to Cars 3D. The same thing Jacob did when he turned 7 coincedentally.
We also got to celebrate when we visited the Dalebouts and Chases on the fourth with a trip to the Temecula children's museum, out to eat, and cake with Jared. Jared (my littlest brother) and Jarom share the same birthday AND adventurous little spirits.
Joe my 10(almost 11) year old brother came to stay with us for a month.
It's been great and scary to let these two be more independent as they've been exploring all of Exeter on their bikes. It's interesting to have kids in different stages and places in life with different needs. My other 3 still love hanging out at the library playing on their computer and playing candy land. I think I've heard "I'm bored" only twice though. I don't know if they are bored or not because sometimes they look it, but they know if they say it they get one of two responses. "Only boring people are bored." or "I've got plenty of chores you cand do"
Gotta Love PreTeens! AAAHHHHH!
Going to the Park! The best park times have been the Disney movies in the park in the evening. I really wanted to go to some of the KJUG free country concerts in the park once this summer but somehow keep missing them. I love small town Exeter.
Free Story Time at the Children's Museum. We also attend a one day Art camp that was $2 a kid last week and made some clay sculptures. And at our house no video games or t.v. without school work done, reading, and at least an hour of play outside for an hour of computer games. If I have to hear about club penguin one more time I may go crazy.
Going to the Park! The best park times have been the Disney movies in the park in the evening. I really wanted to go to some of the KJUG free country concerts in the park once this summer but somehow keep missing them. I love small town Exeter.
Can't forget Cub Scout Day Camp that we got out of the way early this summer and sitting around on the computer for hours and hours and hours getting ready for the upcoming school year. Actually we can forget about those. At least till next year when I "get" to do it again.
Hope your summer is all you need it to be!







1 comment:
Looks like the Ray's are having fun!! Raich... you look FABULOUS as ever and My Jordy is gettin tooooo big!! I miss your faces, and really need to see you soon:)
Post a Comment