2/18/09

Do You See What I See??



INSIDE my newspaper today 2 small articles not getting much attention...


Lawmakers back Prop. 8 challenge

"A legislative committee has endorsed legal efforts to overturn California's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage.


The Assembly Judiciary Committee voted 7-3 Tuesday to put the legislature on record as opposing Proposition 8. "


Aren't these people supposed to be busy worrying about the fiscal crisis? That's convenient that we aren't paying any mind to these goings on because all we see is what the media shows us! Worries about budgets while our moral freedoms are being cut instead.


"The California Supreme Court has scheduled oral arguments for March 5 on a series of lawsuits that argue citizens lack the authority to put the gay marriage ban directly to voters."


"The resolution goes next to the full Assembly, and the state Sentate is scheduled to consider a companion measure in coming weeks."


I can not even get into the 2nd article on an unrelated subject seeing as my blood might boil causing my head to explode. And that would be messy :) And I already have enough to do around the house.


3 comments:

Kristi said...

I don't understand. That's why I thought they made the amendment to the CA consitution because CA already voted a law against same-sex marriage but it was overturned because of legality. Well... that's what the consitution is for it makes up what is legal or not. Grrrrrr..... so mad!!!! Why can't they accept this and move on. yuck! boo!

Susan said...

I'm afraid to ask what the second article was about...

The first one was too disturbing...

AudyCamp said...

FRUSTRATING!!!