3/4/09

5 Random Ray Ramblings

You may feel like I've dropped out of the blogging world but nothing too exciting has been happening around the Ray house to speak of...but for the sake of posting at least once a month, here is a little Randomness...Just for You!!



1. Adelanto/Victorville Residents mark your Calendars - APRIL 25th-and bring the whole family(well all kids school age and up) out for Adelanto Community CleanUp Day. In conjunction with Mormon Helping Hands, The City of Adelanto, The Adelanto School District and the Adelanto Community Toolbox we will be tackling Adelanto's littered lots, grafitti removal, large item pick up and much more! Stay tuned for details. This has been a literal dream of mine and I am so excited to be a part of it.



2. I'm not sure this was a dream of anyone's at our house but Lyal and Brett got to go to a Nascar race in Fontana and write their boys' names on the start/finish line. Pretty cool. I was more jealous of the day out with tons and tons of free food. Well, maybe not too jealous, then I'd just have to work it off.
3. For the last 2 school years Jacob has been attending Mountain View Montessori in Victorville. We have always tried to keep a love of learning atmosphere in our home (some months better than others) regardless of our current schooling situation. Here Lyal and Jake are at a local football field doing the classic egg drop/build/experiment. I had already made the decision to homeschool next year and lately everything has been falling into place. Small confirmations of the path my spirit wants to follow when it comes to teaching my children. A sweet, very inspiring lady in our neighboring ward has agreed to let our family join her group next school year. I know, you are all rolling your eyes. I promise not to blog about it too much but it is a part of who we are. And I am thrilled f or the opportunity to be part of their group.


4. Does this bow belong to you? It was found in our backyard.

THIS TIME NEXT MONTH
5. This time next month Lyal will HOPEFULLY be going into his last week of Academy. IF not? We may be knockin on your door for a place to live. If he does graduate? No big changes but at least he'll have a badge? That 's exciting right? Yes it is.
Joking asside we are very grateful for the timing of his hiring and our hearts are definetly with all those struggling right now in these times of uncertaintity and economic stress.
I am so grateful for the peace I have felt at what should otherwise be stressful ( you know the realization you just got paid but there is no money in your account, or the small lifestyle changes you weren't expecting, or the new car problem that just surfaced at the exactly wrong time) Our family is really ok and still progressing and growing and I love it. Thanks to any of you out there that have been a part of the small and large acts of kindness and love my family has experienced like never before. We are just grateful you have been thinking of us. And we still feel spoiled. We have nothing to stress over. Dang life is cool. Love from us~




2 comments:

Kristi said...

I think the racecar starting line thing is really cool! Not my bow. I can't believe that Lyal is already almost done. It seemed to go a lot faster than I thought (well for me at least.) Thanks for finally posting, it made me so happy today to be able to check your blog and see something new!

AudyCamp said...

About the whole schooling thing I personally think each year should be evaluated. For us each year of school we've done something different & been somewhere different so the answer was never the same. Homeschooling 3 semesters, public school, charter school. There shouldn't be ONE catch all decision. So good for you for doing what you think works best!
HURRAY HURRAY... that Lyal is almost done with his academy!!!
And I know just exactly what you mean by "feeling you just got paid but there is no money in your account."OR knowing I should be stressed but am feeling peace. To me a sign that I'm actually learning a little bit about this whole Life thing.