3/9/09

FHE Trenches


In the Battlefield Tonight, trudging through the front lines when your hearts not in it this time ... mom


FHE
Song Jordyn: Book of Mormom Stories, Lots of Clapping By Jordyn
Going good, this will be short and sweet tonight...great

Opening Prayer: My turn

Scripture: Jarom"Where are the scriptures?"
oh i don't know...where is my book of mormon? "Honey, just pick up that Bible right there" think fast...Look at Lesson...ok John...Christ heals the blind man
Jarom helps repeat the scriptures and ceremoniously begins an impromptu acting out of a blind man who for some reason has to fall on the floor as if dead...Now He's Christ spiting on the floor... Great...like my floor isn't disgusting enough...smile...get him back on focus...
Jarom finishes helping..
Jacob"What if he spat on a bug and put it on his eyes...that would be gross"
"Uh huh" moving on
Jacob again " It's not really blind if it's blurry? Like you can see colors and things but its blurry?" "There are different kinds of blindness" Did I just make that up?...Next ...Lesson
Jacob again " Really blind is pitch black right?"
"Yes" I have no clue...Ok moving on


Lesson: Jackson helps tell Everyone that Jesus Shows Us How to Love Others...Shows Jordyn...Cute... Mom tells story of Christ feeding the multitudes...
"How can we love others like Christ did in these two stories?"
Jacob" We can give others food like when I got to the food bank...Lots of those people there are Spanish...We cant heal blind people"
Man, he's got to stop telling everyone his new observation about the people at the food bank.
"Yes we can. What about donating our money to doctors and organizations that operate on blind people?"
Jacob " And then they have surgery and its just blurry?"
I have no idea so I'm just gonna pass out this coloring page and get dessert ready.
Jackson points to picture "That's Jesus"
Jarom"No THATS Jesus"
Jacob " Thats probably Peter or Simon. Cause Jesus fed the people through his disciples, right Mom?"
Are you kidding? We didn't read that, I have no idea. "Well Jake let's read about it" Smile
Read in Matthew.
"Yes, you are right but it doesn't say which apostle that would be, probably all of them" Ok get these pics colored , short activity, bed. Serve Dessert out of order.

Activity:
"Jacob, what do you have planned for activity tonight?"
Jacob" It's like this coloring paper but we're going to paint!"
Holy crap you've got to be kidding!! Look at clock... 7:38? Bed at 8? And Painting...No Way...Quick...Negotiate!
"Honey, if you want to paint you need to let me know ahead of time. We're not going to have enough time (OR PATIENCE) or maybe tomorrow?"
Jacob"Please, but I got to pick activity? I don't have any good ideas"
Jarom"Hide and Teek?!"
Please, Please, Please Hide and Seeek!
Jacob" No I wanted us to paint, it's not that hard"
Patience, Calm Patience, Stick your Ground...Man, my house is a mess...Stay up and clean...
"Jake, you have to tell me something like that ahead of time"
What is that smell?
Jackson "I fawted!"
AND Jordyn's poopy...cool...blech
Jacob"I have another idea...Let's make something out of the foam blocks"
I can not stand the foam blocks, kids love them, my mom bought them...I can not stand them!
"Jordyn will knock them over Jake"
Jacob:"Can we use the math shapes and make a temple?"
Some kind of Chaos with Jack and Jarom... "Sit down"
Awesome...Way beter ... "Yes, what temple?"
Jacob:"Redlands...No Washington DC"
Are you freaking kidding me?? Washington DC?? I have no idea. That entails looking it up online bring the computer over...
"I don't know what the Washington DC temple looks like..."
Jacob"How about Mesa? You know what that one looks like"
SCORE a square!
"Ok ... Everyone eat your dessert" The kitchen is such a mess.
Make Temple complete with stairs, pool, trees, Jarom wants to make a Christmas Tree and settles for a sunflower?!? Thinking at least no one wanted to make a Spiderman like the time we drew pioneer pictures and 2/3 made Indiana Jones pictures.

Closing Prayer:Jarom"... and bless Mom Jacob Jordyn (omits Jackson) and Dad doesn't listen to Jesus..."
Oh my gosh forget cleaning up ... I'm going to bed...




13 comments:

Kristi said...

You are too funny. I love Jacob's obessivness with blind vs blurry. Where do kids come up with stuff. Congrats on having FHE.

Anonymous said...

Oh you are too funny! I so relate with nights like that. Dad's gone, you are running out of patience but trying with all your might to keep it together! I love trying to teach lessons to the kids and I can barely get two words out before someone interrupts! Keep up the good work, you are doing a great job! Tera

Susan said...

I love this post. I was laughing reading it last night. I love your faithfulness to FHE. You are such a great example!

Cari said...

I love it! And don't think it gets better as they get older, cause it doesn't. My kids get off track so easily it drives me crazy. The best is when we have our family business, that's when we go over what is going on during the week so there are no surprises, and Brandon ALWAYS says, "and tomorrow we have school!" Like we don't know that. But every week he has the same business, school tomorrow. Makes me laugh after I tell him to be quiet, that we already know that!

Raich said...

Cari, Brandon is so cute. It's always cuter when its not your kid.

THE TOKI TRIBE said...

Love it....youre better than me. Isaac says..Mom, it's monday...people have fhe on mon. I look at the clock and the mess and the kids and always say "yah, next week...." I know I'm terrible, we need to do it more often. I loved your closing prayer!!! Jarom is too funny!!!

AudyCamp said...

Those FHE's are always the most memorable huh! I can't believe Jackson said "I fawted"..too hilarious. Good for you for pulling off home evening by yourself. You're awesome! & I'm sure a pro at it by now. Your kids will be so proud of you as they look back on these times.

ma'elePHOTO said...

WOW! on I-don't-feel-like-holding-fhe days it's much shorter then that... I mean you even managed to squeeze dessert. Niiiice! I love it! except my kids ALWAYS have to remind me to do family counsel and when I ask Salo if there is anything he'd like to share with the family he goes on and on telling everyone that he loves them. Drives me nuts 'cause I'm just watching to clock, dying to get them all in bed so I can R E L A X and unwind.

lol! LOVE FHE's!!!!

Unknown said...

I love this! You guys are so cute. You are a good exampe to me of doing what you are commanded,even if you don't feel like it! Hopefully Lyal willl start listening to Jesus :) Thats too funny!

Stephanie said...

Lol... That was too funny to read!

theconners said...

That was pretty funny...So Jarom likes to imitate blind people, Jacob thinks only the spanish people go to food banks and dad does not listen to Jesus. What is happenning to California. If it makes you feel better Kenny was loooking through a Marie Clair magazine and commented she wanted to look just like a Victoria's Secret model when she grew up. I really think she just liked her boobs.

Lisa said...

Funny funny! Is there a reason I can't add your blog to my follow list? It keeps telling me to check the URL. Weird.

The Horvath Crew said...

I saw this post a little later than everyone, but it's adorable. It sounds like our fhe nights. Except the part about dad on listening to Jesus, gotta live it. if i heard thatI probably would have peed my pants in laughter.