3/27/09

No offense Twitterers!

Are you on Twitter? I was for a minute. Then thought. Why am I on Twitter? I thought. I don't know. So now I am not.

Do people need to know if I am eating a brownie or yelling at my kids to chill out? Do they need to know I'm packing my house? Or grateful with all my heart that my husband is away at least working, fullfilling his role as provider but still wishing he was able to be home? Do I really need to contribute to the onslought of self centered information coming at us every day? Not really.

Not when another Mom is on Twitter to cry out for prayers and remind us that she is pleading for her childs heart to keep beating, just one more day. She Twitters to let people know so that they can pray on their knees in her behalf. On behalf and in addition to her faith. I am not envious of her faith, I have been blessed with the gift of faith. I am envious that she holds it sacred and utilizes its power and can share her testimony with others so easily.

I am grateful for a lesson learned in aerobics class of all places in high school. Not in seminary or Young Womens (not that I didn't learn things there either) But after leaving a drama filled home one afternoon ,I headed to school the next day, sucumbing to the stress that was not worthy of the energy I spent on it. I came across someone who doesnt know that she changed my life. That day as I heard her real troubles, her heartbreaking story, I vowed to never be weak and think that I could not handle something/anything. I learned to search out others in my weakest most trying moments and try to do something/anything for those who deserve it. I learned to not speak of my most major troubles or heartbreak.


I am not saying that I don't complain but they are selfish Twitter moments.
Moments and circumstance not attached to my heart.


So I've decided if I ever do Twitter ...
I'd like to do it with the grace of this woman and mother, MckMama...
Prayers for Stellan


3 comments:

Jen said...

thank you for that reminder. I love the lesson you learned in aerobics. thanks for sharing that.

Susan said...

Sweet post Rachael. It has been on my mind the past weeks with Facebook, blogging and twitter how completely obsessed we are becoming with wanting people to know we exist when really our only true need is for HIM to know we exist, to know that HE exists and for our husband and children to know that we know they exist.

Suzanne said...

Loved this post. Really thoughtful and thought provoking. Thank you. (The comments above were wonderful too.) You have a great perspective -- thanks for sharing it with the rest of us.