I blog, You Blog, Everybody Blog Blog. Well actually Not Many Blog Blog anymore. I don't want to say NOBODY Blog Blogs anymore cause that might make you that do quite sad. You are SOMEBODY! BUT...most people left blogging consistently are making enough money or enough accolades to pull them through to the next post and the rest of us have either left their blogs in a coma or are trying CPR, mouth to mouth, random post to random post every once in a while to no avail. No resuscitation.
"Blogging" has been a whirlwind of fun, insight, emotion, drama and various controversy. Mine started as random ramblings, pictures of my kids, and hasn't evolved into anything else. It hasn't progressed or become more than I expected.(and that is ok!) I have loved to see everyone's pictures of children and hear those funny mommy moments we all have. I have loved every HONEST post of every kind and seeing the reality of others. That's all that my blog does offer. My reality. I have learned much from seeing the blog reality of my friends and family and trying to put myself in their shoes although that may be one of the hardest things we have been asked to do. To truly love others in their reality while in one so separate from our own.
And the sweet reality of it all is that when it comes down to what we hold dear, love, and obsess about...our Families are at the center of it. We are mothers and wives trying our best to do what is right, be Valiant, and "make it" wherever we are. And that has been a beautiful sight to behold.
So as I write this FINAL POST and close my writing to those reading somewhere with this proper goodbye,all I can say is Thank You. I want to say "I'll post a picture from time to time" but I think I see the door shutting ,and empty promises of "I'll miss you" and "I'll visit soon"s would betray THIS Mommy Blogger's desire to be done and complete.
Dear Blogger,
Thank You.
Good Bye.
10 comments:
DON'T STOP BLOGGING!!!!!! :)
This makes me sad but I am so guilty as well. How sad that we have all let Facebook replace the real sharing that takes place in the blog.
Of course I am sad. I like to see pictures. I know I've been a bad blogging infulence. But most things do come to an end, yes? Scrapbooking, card makings, hair bow making, Twilight, Harry Potter and whatever the new in thing that everybody must do. I suppose there'll be a new thing some time. Maybe we'll all jump on that bandwagon, too! Good thing we're related and I can still get updates.
NO, NO, NO ....Don't follow the crowd...Boo!
Make a Book out of it...will that make it worthwhile...
Please! How else will I see cute pictures of your kids? Kristi said it best with the fads...haha. funny:)
sad but understandable! i did enjoy and wholeheartedly agree w/ your letter though. I have decided to try to resurrect mine. I will miss checking up on you from time to time! farewell dear blogging friend! you will be missed!
I'll miss your posts and seeing and hearing about your family. Boo. Are you sure?
I read your blog! I totally understand, there arent many bloggers anymore...which does make me sad! I do facebook, but I blog and check it everyday. Hope to see some of your postings around ;)
Rachel!!!!!!! You big fat stinker! I read one of your posts a while back where you talked about how everyone had abandoned blogging for Facebook and you really got me thinking :( While I love Facebook, what my family will appreciate for YEARS to come is our blog!! I plan to make it into a book that will have stories and journaling.
Don't go away, please come back! You were the one who inspired me to reprioritize my internet time!
I'm still waiting and checking for Racheal's return :)
Post a Comment