8/22/10

Whooping cough blues...

Oh the whooping cough blues...stuck in our house for coming up on 25 days give or take. That is another post for another day, believe me. Long story short I'm changing up my boys room a little and they had these two blue (like royal/pottery barn blue with enhanced sharpie scribbling) boxes that held misc. items on the bookshelves on their beds that are now going to be Jordyn's beds. I was about to thrift store them which I usually, I mean always do but was inspired by this to clean things up a little bit. And I love the idea of having a box to pull down when baking. I have an adorable wire basket that holds all my misc. measuring cups and spoons so that when I am cookingI can just pull it down and have everything accessible. My fave new cooking habit.


First I painted the boxes a cream color from the spray paint box and HATED it! What was my obsession with all paint matte a few years ago? I don't know but I know I'm over it. Well that was good primer I guess. I had a krylon peekaboo blue that is more baby boy than aqua kitchen but I had it and I'm not patient and wanted to do that project now.
I wish I had a next door neighbor that liked me and had a cricut with a few extra sheets of vinyl to share but I don't so Then I used this technique.








They definetly have that hand painted look but

I had planned to throw them in the thrift store pile so who am I to complain too much?


and they Cost me:$0.00


Next time I would actually have another white paint besides watercolors! in the house. I would also make the font twice the size, and actually take the time to place the papers on STRAIGHT. Next time? Hopefully there are never any more stuck in my house for 25 days and actually have time do crafts events but never say never...









3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too cute!!! You need to take pics of your home and show them off here. I bet it's adorable :)

Susan said...

You are super creative. Can I hire you to help us pack (purge) and move into the new house and make it cute? Let us know if you change your mind and we can come help you move or at least take the kiddos off your hands for the day. We would love to come see the family.

JeN said...

You are being WAY to crafty and making me jealous cuz now that I decided to get a grown up job (LOL) I never have time for fun projects!! Will you pass the whooping cough back to me please so I can have some time off to do Raichey projects? I love your projects.. you always amaze me:):)