9/16/08

Yesterday...September 15th...

MyCuteGraphics.com - Cute Glitter Graphics

My little sister with some help from her hubby gave birth to their first baby yesterday. Weighing in at 7lbs.3oz. and 20 inches we are so so thrilled everyone is healthy and happy. Now we just need some pics and a NAME!!

Thanks to a thoughtful birthday gift I get to go visit them all in Utah by myself for a whole weekend. I know...so fun!!

But...yesterday we had some other news that Lyal will be entering the Riverside California Sheriffs Office Academy on October 14th! Congrats Lyal. The one day the spouses are invited and have a meeting is one of the days I will be in Utah. I'm torn on whether or not to come home early. It's not a mandatory meeting but I want to be supportive...but this will also be the last time I get away before my life is majorly altered for 6 months. Hmmm...What to do?

11 comments:

JeN said...

Congrats Lyal.. and Baby Boy Chase!!

Michelle and Jason said...

Wow!! Finally....congrats J.R. and to your new nephew!

Anonymous said...

congrats on your new nephew :)
If Little Girl is feeling up to it, we should go to lunch. I would LOVE to see you guys!

ma'elePHOTO said...

How awesome for your family Rachael!... now you'll know kindof what it was like for Sarah. Congrats Lyal! and congrats to your sister and you on being an Aunt!

Susan said...

What a great day for the family! Congrats on becoming an aunt and the wife of an officer of the law all in one day! :)

Tera said...

JP was just asking me 2 days ago if Lyal had found anything out yet. Congratulations and good luck to you both!

THE TOKI TRIBE said...

Congrats to Lyal..he'll love it! I just hope he doesn't pull me over cuz I can see him giving EVERYONE a ticket lol!! Good luck with the 6months, does he come home or stay there??? Well, if you ever go crazy you know you can drop your kids off over here ANYTIME!! GOOD LUCK! How fun to be an aunty!

Raich said...

to answer sara's question...we hope he can stay down there 4-5 days a week and come home for fri and sat night and church sunday...i should be good with the kids, i'm more stressed about the huge paycut but i am proud of my husbands choice of duty and fulfillment over pay...i think :)
but maybe i should cut down my load anyways, maybe ditch pta?

THE TOKI TRIBE said...

The pay will get there, trust me. The beginning sucks and it gets better quickly. And yah, ditch it before I receive a call and have to bail you out lol!!

Raich said...

lol...and then lyal would get fired...it would be awesome

Sheltons said...

Tell my brother I said congrates!!! Hopefully you wont go to crazy!!!