One sing song beautiful dazzling morning my children whined " Why oh why can we not have chocoalte milk for breakfast evil stepmother?? Boo Hoo Boo Hoo" I sweetly replied, "#1 we dont have chocolate milk for breakfast wonderful children #2 we do not have the makings for chocolate milk in my bare cupboards"
Then insued a lengthy non-heated discussion between myself and my eldest in regards to the making of chocolate milk. Yes you can make chocolate milk with cocoa I explain but you still have to add other things (like sugar) to it and that is just not happening today. The clock will strike soon, time for school. No says the smarty pants child "You just add cocoa!!" (The poor disillusioned one thinking of some magical Nesquik seen in someone elses kitchen) No, yes, no, yes. OK...lets try your theory out little boy. Mom whips out the cocoa. The child tries a pinch. Um...yeah that is Blech. I surrender.
Then the littlest attentive boy quietyl sitting besides him ...quick as a flash ...( as you must be when you have been born 3rd) SNATCH! a HANDFUL of cocoa shoved in his mouth.....
The battle with Cocoa! Arms flailing, vile cocoa spewing everywhere, wiping, spitting.....That IS really really yuck . The T-Shirt loses.
And so once more, our heroine did not evade disaster, cleans a mess, and HOPEFULLY the little troll learns his lesson!
8 comments:
My kids have insisted that cocoa makes hot chocolate! I really should just let them try it like you did.
I think every child must learn that lesson the hard way ... I know I did.
Too funny! You are right though, sometimes they have to learn for themselves.
great way to let them learn on their own. How funny little jack jacks expressions.He's so cute!
Gotta love lessons that are learned the hard way. Sometimes it is just better to let them try it.
I am laughing my butt off right now!!! I am glad that they learned a lesson the hard way.. hope it helps!!
So funny! So how come I never knew you couldn't use cocoa for hot chocolate???? Just never tried it!!! So I think you should have been a writer...your posts are so entertaining with your little imaganitive mind!!!....mine on the other hand or soo ... "heres our fam pics" ... "here's Jada".... "We carved pumpkins"....blah, blah, blah...soo boring!! Whatever!!!
That is hilarious! You're such a good mom!
Post a Comment