11/12/08

So this is Love?

I'm in love with my life (today). Head over heels in love with my children. Passionate enough to be just be sitting, watching them as I blog instead of clean. I have people coming over even. I don't care? Interesting.

I'd rather watch Jordyn toddle around with her crazy hair sticking up like 2 crazy horns, leftovers from her new adventure yesterday into the world of 2 tiny pigtails on top of her head for the first time. ( A Milestone in the world of a mother of only boys for 8 years. ) Only a mother could think that her daughters new habit of having her tongue constantly sticking out like a little pug dog is cute. Jackson sits next to me styling his nearly bald head with his brothers gel.

I must be intoxicated with pure joy after spending a couple of hours last night writing the primary sacrament meeting program. I was scared and overwhelmed to start. Then I began: Writing, reading, reminding, remembering that we are all children of God. Our children are of Royal Birth. The power they hold, the power of the priesthood that blesses our lives, and the privilege they have been born into. My kids have not yet had to experience pain of much consequence, or struggle through hardship , suffer silently through loneliness, or be forgotten. For this I am happy for them. Someday they will or should. And I think they should because I love them. But not yet. Today we'll just hang out, do our daily chores - or not, and read "Parts" or "Poor Puppy". Probably more than once
Hmm...I must be in love.

8 comments:

Kristi said...

What a touching post. I feel like anything I say would take away from the spirit of it. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Susan said...

I love this post and I love the pictures of beautiful Jordyn. I think she looks so much like her beautiful mom at the same age and yet still so much like a cookie cutter Ray cutie. I am happy you are having such a sweet day and that the primary program is on it's way to being done!

JeN said...

Love this post Raich.. And I LOVE Jordyn's hair!!!! It's true- Kids are great.. You just made me want to go get my rug-rats from school and give em a BIG squeeze!!! Thanks...

THE TOKI TRIBE said...

OK...super cute post. You were destined to be the primary pres!! It's getting to you..!!! Your kids are super cute...especially your little jordyn, I would be in love too!! (but you know me...i would probably have to clean...AND THEN blog in order to stay calm and focused!!!)

AudyCamp said...

sweet words rachael-just a reaffirmation that you were meant to write that primary program!!! Love those sweet mommy moments of love & peace! Jordyn is a doll & where did that hair come from all the sudden?:)

The Horvath Crew said...

Love te post, what a great day you had. Sometimes it's nice to just put aside all the things that don't REALLY matter and focus on the people that do.

Anonymous said...

raichel, probably my favorite post of yours. BEAUTIFUL just love the way you expressed your love :)

ma'elePHOTO said...

I love it!... love the piggy's in Miss J's hair!