I was inspired by a fellow blogger friend of mine who was talking about her conversations she has with her 4 year old and how much he loves to talk with her.
If you know a few things about my boys they are not talkers. It's nice a lot of time because they aren't too loud or annoying but I do have to pry conversations out of them. They are a lot like their dad in that sense.
As Jarom has attended speech therapy I have learned to ask him questions on a constant basis that are more than no and yes answers. Every day after Preschool I try to ask him about school, Who did you play with? Me and Jackson played with playdough, What did you do? Our favorite is: What was one happy and one sad/one sweet and one sour from today? (a common game we have adopted at our house to illict SOME conversation,,,We used to do this when we had a dad/husband living at our house during dinner, I have been neglectful during the week these past few months) What did you learn? What books did you read? etc..
ALWAYS he either stares at me in disgust at my attempt at to pry into his private life, or a very common answer is that "We just ate!" For a while he was telling me WHAT they ate until one day I actually looked at the food calendar and realized he's just been lying to me!! Who knows with Ray boys?!?!
In a conversation with my little Jarom Boos today I asked,
What is a mommy's job?
"Make cookie and milt"(milk)
"Make Dinner"
"Go da meetings(its been the trend of the last few weeks)"
"Do puter (computer)"
Is that all?
"Oh an Buy Tuffs (stuff)"
At least he has an opinion about something!!
2 comments:
Cute post. I love to listen to Jarom talk. He has such a sweet spirit.
I love the way he says his words. So cute. We do something similar with asking our kids about the best/worst parts of their day's and what made them laugh. I'll blog about it sometime!
Post a Comment