1/27/09

A Year Ago Today

 


...this little baby was born. The first few moments (actually I'll be honest, why not?)The first few DAYS I was not impressed that this was all that exciting, the whole "now we have a girl" thing, because I maintain that Miss J looks just like my boys. I know newborns aren't always soo soo cute, but I was expecting for her to at least look more like a girl!

And if she is offended when she's older and reads this, well then she's REALLY not my daughter. She has fit so well into the dynamics of our family, she may be another crazy little Ray boy. There has been plenty of pink, pretties, babies, and plenty of attention from daddy BUT she is just another one of us and maintains her own among the three "men".

More than thinking of this past year, and all that Jordy has grown I have been reflective on the possibility that this may be my last baby turning one. Who knows what the Lord has in mind for our little family that keeps plodding along, taking each day as it comes. We (well me and the kids, and I'm sure Lyal would get used to the idea) would feel blessed to welcome more children into our home to teach, guide, and nurture the best we know how BUT that is not the plan today. Some of you reading this know what that feeling is like. Makes you feel old, excited and nervous to be standing at that threshold. If you cross that line you think you can never go back, and that can be just a little scary. Quiet blogging moments like this you vow to grasp every moment and not let it slip away but you know tomorrow will be full, and fly by, you can't make it stop, but you'll try, when you have time...

As if on cue: Jordy just woke up crying. I'll take this chance to go cuddle my BABY one more time...
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

AudyCamp said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JORDYN! Wow that even went fast for me! What a sweet little thing & definitely "girly looking" now! She's Gorgeous!! (I think we do learn lots from those quiet blogging moments!...where we vow to make most of every moment.)

Kristi said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JORDY!! Tell her Auntie loves her! She totally does have her own little "princess" attitude but she still fits right in. She is so cute! Thanks for reminding us to make the most of every moment.

Angela D said...

Happy birthday to your sweet little girl. It's my baby's birthday today also. I forgot that they shared the day!

Unknown said...

Yay Jordyn! Not that I really had anything to do with it, but I did pray that she would be a girl....She is such a cutie!

Susan said...

Happy Birthday Miss Jordyn!! I can't believe it has been a year. You are such a joy. A ray of sunshine and you can hold your own with those brothers of yours!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Jordyn and Rach. I think it's always a celebration for the mom too on the first birthday. I really enjoyed this blog and can really relate with it as well.

The Horvath Crew said...

Happy Happy Birthday Jordyn! Your such a sweet, darling little girl. I am with you on the whole thing about having another. It is all of those emotions in one. It's hard to let go and know it would be our lasts with all the baby stuff.

THE TOKI TRIBE said...

Happy Bday Jordyn!! She is so adorable and Yes...you need to get her a sister (sorry Lyal!!) I totally know what you mean on this post..it's just hard to know..who knows what tomorrow will bring!!