4/8/08

BTW


Hope everyone had a great weekend. I thought I would just update on the Conference Sundae Get Together (see below). I didn't catch Saturday since Jacob and I were in San Diego for a "doctor's appt." Sunday was nice though, and even though we don't have TV we watched online. Last time we tried to stream it didn't work very well and we just ended up listening. It worked fine this time, although I would like to stick to going to morning at the Stake Center. I just think it works for my family better. Another Idea I thought I'd pass along(I don't know if this is pretty routine or not?) is Jacob's Primary President gave the kids the assignment to draw a picture of President Monson and at least a sentence of something he said. After Conference myself and the boys headed over to the Dalebout's for Sundaes. (Lyal stayed home with the baby so dinner for the Elders was ready on time.) Alltogether there was 7 families and yummy toppings -some homemade. (BTW for anyone that likes pralines they have these praline crunch shakers for ice cream with the toppings that are new and pretty nifty) After we were done eating and visiting the adults just happened to be sitting in a circle and my dad bore his testimony of conference and then we just went around and shared. Some were short others longer some teary eyed some not. I just thought it was awesome and interesting to see what touched people differently. I really felt Elder Bednars talk on prayer,especially praying with the intent to act was a nice kick in the butt for myself. Anyways... I would totally recommend the Get Together. The kids were busy runnin' around but I'm sure they saw and heard us sharing which is just enough sometimes. Let me know if you try it out next time...

2 comments:

Jen said...

that sounds like a really nice get-together!

Frolicking Night Owl said...

raich-

been meaning to ask you ... why don't you have a TV? You should blog about that ... inspire the rest of us to get rid of ours!!!