Confession: I let my Church Magazine Subscription Run Out. Don't know how it happened and didn't even end up on my to do list but it happened. I let my subscription run out and hadn't yet seen the Ensign for the month of July.
As a Ward Relief Society Presidency (in OUR stake) we have the freedom to choose first Sunday "discussion" topics prayerfully according to the needs of our sisters. As a presidency we narrowed down the topics to those given to us for direction from our Relief Society General President Sister Beck in her talk in 2007 What Latter-day Saint Women Do Best .
As I had chosen "Share and Defend His gospel" I headed here to search for another supporting talk. The absolute first thing that I saw was this article from Elder M. Russell Ballard titled "Sharing the Gospel Using the Internet". I am sure most of you out there have already read it but I sadly hadn't. I was so excited! Not only for the wisdom shared in this talk but for the significance it holds in my life as I have very much in the past few weeks thought and pondered about our role and objective in this blogging world. A few of you have expressed or just shown through small changes that you understand the importance of what we are telling ourselves and the world as we share our lives here in blogger. Is my life a "mark of discipleship"? Am I taking advantage of the power of "small and simple things"?
I look forward to tommorrow's "discussion" where we will gather "under the banner of Relief Society" where " we must spend our precious time... for the purpose of helping sisters do what we should do best."
"Perceptions of the Church are established one conversation at a time.The Restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ has no doubt had a powerful impact on your life. It has, in part, shaped who you are and what your future will be. Do not be afraid to share with others your experiences as a follower of the Lord Jesus Christ. We all have interesting stories that have influenced our identity. Sharing those stories is a nonthreatening way to talk to others. Telling those stories can help demystify the Church. You could help overcome misperceptions through your own sphere of influence, which ought to include the Internet." Elder M. Russell Ballard
"We have a greater challenge than we realize. ... 'Do the best you can.' But I want to emphasize that it be the very best. ... We are capable of doing so much better. ..."
President Gordon B.Hinckley
3 comments:
thanks for the reminder... I'm always looking for the "new" Ensign, so I can devour it's pages, and make yet another goal to be better, and make a positive influence... blah blah blah. It's nice to be reminded of the things we know we need to do.
those are really uplifting words that we all need to hear!
Raich, great words written, very uplifting.
Post a Comment