"Does Jamie Lynn's OK! magazine cover glamorize teen pregnancy?"I've seen this question pop up when I log into my hotmail for the past few days and then watched this movie last night so my head has been swimming in thoughts of teen pregnancies (of which I was) , abortion, adoption, pre-marital sex and all the things my children and daughter will get to deal with and have to tolerate in stronger force as they get older. It can definetly boggle the mind...

BUT....
I'm so grateful for the church's clear views and leadership in this crazy world we live in. I'm grateful to know that I have gospel truths I've learned to lead me and my family along. I don't have any newfound insight or miraculous epiphanys, I just thought I'd share my little testimony of peace the Gospel can bring when there are so many noises shouting for our attention out there. I also have a testimony of the Family: A proclomation to the World and all the truth that it speaks.
"Does Jamie Lynn's OK! magazine cover glamorize teen pregnancy?"
YA THINK!!!
3 comments:
The older I get and the more life experiences I have the more I know how inspired the proclamation was/is!
I'm going to disagree that it glamorizes teen pregnancies. I think most girls see the downward turn Jamie's life has taken and may learn from it. She has been forced to walk away from a popular t.v. show, she looks (in my opinion older and tired in the photo) Her sister has lost custody of her children to a deadbeat. Maybe this will be a wakeup call to just say NO!
*i agree that the magazine cover glamorizes teen pregnancy..i can see it right now in my head girls looking at it in a store going .."oh how cute!"
i think though that some media definitely shows the negative angle as well which is MUCH NEEDED so teens can see the koo koo side of it. i'm so grateful for the Proclamation as well and although it seems like such common sense to us, there's many people who'd look at the magazine cover and not see too much wrong with it...was that a soapbox comment?
Post a Comment